Tuesday, February 1, 2011

¡estoy aquí!

After three flights and accumulatively an hour of sleep, I'm finally in Sevilla in my apartment and I LOVE it already! My host mom, Angeles, is awesome. She talks A LOT but I haven't had any trouble understanding her so far. And she's a vegetarian like me (except she eats seafood). There are also five other students staying with me. I've only met them briefly as of now but three of them are also from the US and two are from Germany. And then there's the dog, Bogwie. He's pretty crazy, but he seems to keep everyone entertained.

The apartment is really big (by Spanish standards) and it's on a pedestrian-only street with tons of shops and cafes. The atmosphere of everything here is fantastic, and the city is beautiful! There are palm trees and orange trees along the streets. It's so lively, but not in a rushed, uptight way like big cities in the US. It's super laid back and just puts me in a great mood. Words and pictures will never do it justice. Oh, and the 60 degree weather is a nice change as well. :D

I took a taxi by myself from the airport to my apartment, which left me feeling rather accomplished. Then Angeles showed me around, I unpacked, and I met up with a fellow ASA friend (Lily) in the plaza at the end of the street and we explored the city and found the Universidad de Sevilla. Now it's 8:15pm here, and we don't eat dinner until around 9:30. I am beyond exhausted, so I'm on here writing this in an attempt to keep myself awake until dinner.

Oh, and I forgot my backpack/school supplies at home, which I didn't realize until my layover in Dusseldorf, Germany. Ten points for Kathryn! Classes don't start for another week though, so I'm good.

Thinking in English already takes effort. This took a lot longer to write than it should've.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now! I'll update again within a week.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are already adjusting to Sevilla!! I knew you could do it :) Can't wait to hear all of the exciting stories you will have to share! I miss you already but I know you are going to come back even smarter than you left!! (both kinds of smart!) and just so you know how much the 60 degree weather is rubbing in all of our faces, we are having the biggest snow storm since 1967 and supposed to be getting 2 feet of snow!
    It is horrible!! but I'm glad you are safe and warm and having a good time :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy you're alive and safe and loving spain! i sound like my mom...oh boy.
    ANYWAY, i'm so happy you're loving it there. there's been crazy storms over here. like i haven't had school for the past two days. so good thing you got out when you did. takes TONS of pictures even though it doesn't do it justice so i can comment on them all. :)
    love you so muchhhhh!!! <3, fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so incredibly jealous :) Everything sounds amazing! Keep us updated on your adventures!

    Hasta Pronto,
    Zach

    ReplyDelete